Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekends and dining out

Last night we went out, did a little shopping and then went to dinner. I ordered a salad with smoked turkey, at Legacy BBQ. I can't believe they had NO light, fat free salad dressings AND No vinegar & Oil. I ended up with lemon on my salad. That is a first for me, a restaurant that doesn't even have vinegar? We really like Legacy, and my hubby loved his burger ( and he's a burger snob) but note to restaurants in Bham- not everyone can eat fat. Some options would be nice :). The bottom line- I made it through a Friday night! Plus, we went to Happy Hour from the office and I had unsweetened Tea. I knew this already, but I associate celebration with food and drink. Anyone growing up in a big family where the biggest celebrations include a great meal and cocktails or wine, knows what I mean. Birthday? It's cake. Promotion? Its cocktails. Big achievement- graduation, hit a goal, whatever, champagne! I have to figure out how to change my thinking or temper it. Got any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment